As the band Rush once wrote: plus ça change, plus c’est la même chose.

This blog started out in 2002 using the MovableType blogging engine. That was probably the best-of-breed at the time, and since I was a Perl hound, it just seemed to work best for me.

Sometime …

I finally got around to fixing the molecule applets on here tonight, and while I was messing around with this and that, it was time to move this blog to Wordpress 2.5 also.  At this point, it looks like everything is working as expected, but let me know if …

Updated the blog software to Wordpress 2.3 this morning, and updated several of the plugins to their current versions.

Hopefully nothing major is or will become broken.

Whew... it has been forever since I've posted something on this site. I have been debating putting whether to put this blog in a static mode and create another, or whether to try to change the focus of this one to something else. I certainly find myself pursuing a range …

Previously, I posted directions for keeping Wordpress installations up-to-date using Subversion. Unfortunately, as of this writing (two-days post release), the Wordpress developers have not yet created a tag for the recent 1.5.2 release, thereby breaking the previous instructions.

Fortunately, rather than tracking the releases tag by tag (version …

If you are like me and have switched to using Subversion to keep your wordpress installations up date, then you too may have been bitten by the recent update of the trunk to version 1.6.

For those not in the know, the easiest (IMHO) way to install and keep …

I've noticed tonight that it is definitely time for an overhaul of this site. There are quite a few things I would like to incorporate, but every time I add something, it seems like it's just hacked in. As I use some of the features, I understand where they should …

Well, after several days of waiting for this or that to happen, I believe the site is now up and running!

First we wait for Verisign to add a few HOST entries for the new DNS boxes.... Then wait to finally get around to installing several Perl modules required by …